To borrow a line from John Denver, “Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy.”
We just returned from a long weekend trip yesterday where we experienced a little rain but a good portion of sunshine as well.
Last week, preparing to pack, do laundry, run errands, and all the other items on a pre-trip list that must be attended to prevented me from getting any blog posts ready to publish this week.
But….another blogger came to my rescue with sunshine. Anstalmi at Inspiring Images honored my blog with the Sunshine Blogger Award.
I know many bloggers don’t participate in these award thingies, but my feeling on them is if someone takes the time to read what I write, is in some small way blessed because of it, and in turn wants to bestow a little blessing on me, I should acknowledge that and be grateful.
So thank you, anstalmi, for being so kind and providing a little ray of sunshine in my blogging world. (And giving me something quick and easy to write about for today’s post!)
The Sunshine Blogger rules include:
- Thank the blogger(s) that nominated you in the post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 8 -11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award Logo on your post and/or in your blog.
Here are anstalmi’s questions for me with my answers in italics:
- Name a person who had a great influence on you. My parents had the greatest influence on me since they were my first teachers providing me with such great role models on how to be a decent, caring human being.
- Name an event (or more than one if you like) that had a great influence on you. Being diagnosed with cancer makes you realize what’s important in life. And that’s what happened to me. It also caused me to truly take stock and decide that I needed to forgive someone.
- What would you like that you have not yet achieved? Oh, like anyone who calls herself a writer, I’d like to finish a novel someday. And by finish, I mean write it, I’ve finished reading more novels than I can count.
- Name something or someone that you are proud of. My children have and continue to make me proud. They’ve turned into amazing adults and I’m not taking credit for that. Being grounded in their faith makes them such great individuals.
- Name something that you have done that you are proud of. I would have to say one of the things that I’m proud of is writing this Mama’s Empty Nest blog and sticking with it as long as I have – over eight years.
- Why do you blog? I have to get those words out of my head somehow! If you want to know more, check out my About Mama page.
- Who do you look up to? I have two prayer warrior friends who I admire so much for their faithfulness in praying for others. Another person I look up to is one of my professors from my university days who also is someone I’ve known my entire life. And guess what? He HAS written a novel…actually several.
- Where in the world would you like to go that you have not yet been to? Hands down, it would have to be Great Britain, Ireland, and Scotland. Then Australia.
- If you could change one (ok, or more) things about you, what would that be? Oh my goodness, it would be easy to make a long list because there are so many areas of my life I could improve upon. I’m not concerned about physical appearance at all though because, at my age, the way I look is just life. But I am concerned about what kind of person I am and I keep attempting to change into a more patient one.
- Do you have a cause? What is it? There are causes I support, but I’d rather say I have a purpose to believe in. And that’s to encourage and bless others through God’s Word and the words He often inspires me to write in my blog.
- If you could spend a day with someone no longer with us, who would it be and why? My maternal grandmother. Both she and my grandfather passed away when I was nine, and I have so many questions now that I would have liked to have asked them. But as a child, you don’t realize what may be important to you as an adult.
Okay, that was the easy part. Now comes the difficult element. I’m not sure I can nominate 8-11 other bloggers who participate in these type of awards but I will list a few of my favorite blogger friends (but please do not feel obligated to participate) who deserve the Sunshine Blogger Award.
You all bring sunshine into my life every time I read your blog posts. And when you click on Mama’s Empty Nest and read thoughts that I manage to convey via computer keyboard into cyberspace and leave such encouraging comments, you really cause golden rays of sunshine to make me happy.
If you want to spread a little sunshine yourself with the Sunshine Blogger Award, here are my 11 questions for you:
- Honestly now, could you live without your cell phone? Why or why not?
- If someone were to name your greatest achievement in life, what would you want to be remembered for?
- When you smell your favorite aroma, what does it make you think of?
- What is the most vivid dream you can remember?
- Have you made a bucket list and if so, what’s the #1 item you want to cross off?
- What is your best personality trait and your worst?
- What would be your ultimate dream career?
- You just won $10 million, what will you do with the money?
- Where is your favorite vacation spot and why?
- Which do you prefer, reading on an e-reader or reading a book with paper pages?
- Country life or urban dweller? What’s your preference and why?
“Happiness us a sunbeam which may pass through a thousand bosoms without losing a particle of its original ray. When it strikes a kindred heart, like the converged light upon a mirror, it reflects itself with redoubled brightness. It is not perfected until it is shared.” ~ Jane Porter