Christmas Eve will find me…reading my friends’ blogs on my laptop.
Yep, I’m sitting here on Page 24, Chapter 12, in my Opportunity book in my easy chair (resting my hip) with my feet propped up on the matching ottoman and I’m waiting for the Christmas Eve festivities to commence at our house.
Two blogging friends, Dianna at These Days of Mine, and Georgette at Georgette Sullin’s Blog have posted a Christmas meme and invited their readers to join them. A meme, in the blogging world, is a topic that spreads from one blogger to another.
After reading their posts, I thought it might be fun be “memed.” (If there is such a word?) So read on for my answers to the Christmas meme questions.
1. What is a Christmas song you can listen to even in June? It’s hard to narrow down the field here because honestly, I could listen to almost any Christmas song year-round. So for me, it’s a toss-up between “I’ll Be Home For Christmas” and “Joy to the World,” my absolute favorite Christmas carol.
2. Hot chocolate, eggnog or mulled wine? Well, eggnog grosses me out, I don’t think I’ve ever tasted mulled wine, so I’ll have to answer hot chocolate, even though I’d rather have hot tea (peppermint would be good!).
3. When do you put your Christmas decorations up? We always start decorating the weekend after Thanksgiving but never, ever before Thanksgiving is officially over. I like to enjoy Thanksgiving and give it due honor.
4. What are you having for Christmas dinner? Ham, it is. We also always have twice-baked potatoes, a couple kinds of vegetables, hot dinner rolls, a special multi-layered jello salad that I make every Christmas because it’s so pretty, and lots of cookies for dessert.
5. What’s your favorite Christmas tradition? When hubby and I were young marrieds, we visited an ice cream shop where we savored a special Christmas sundae. Once we had our children, we began a tradition of making those sundaes every Christmas Eve before we attend church candlelight service. We’ll be eating them tonight!
6. Have you ever gone caroling? Oh yes, Christmas caroling was definitely on our holiday agenda when I was growing up. After hubby and I got married and had our children, our family always participated in caroling with our churches. I’ve got lots of caroling memories stored in my memory bank, but in the last few years, we haven’t gone caroling. I miss it, so that’s something we need to start again.
7. When did you discover the truth about Santa? What truth?? 😉
8. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? It’s a hodge-podge of miscellany: a couple cherished ornaments from my parents’ tree, gifts from friends, ornaments we purchased on trips, with a few homemade ones thrown in for good measure, multi-colored twinkle lights, red bead garlands, and until this year, an angel topper (but her lights burned out permanently this year, so now there’s a brand spanking new lighted star).
9. What’s the best thing about Christmas? For me, the best thing is spending time with my family while we celebrate Jesus Christ’s birth.
10. What do you want for Christmas? JOY, JOY, JOY!
Perhaps you’d like to play along with your own Merry Christmas meme. Or, if you’d like to respond to any of the above questions, feel free to do so in the comments.