I’m not the perkiest early morning person, but I do love watching the sunrise from time to time. Stay in bed a minute too long and you miss it. Likewise, in a blogging community when you stay offline a couple of days, you miss important stuff!
Sometimes I’m concerned that I spend way too much time on the computer in my free moments, so occasionally I go on a cyber-diet, a kind of fast away from the lure of the laptop. Other times my plate is full of to-do lists and I just don’t have time to log in because a “quick minute” for me somehow turns into a couple of hours. And the clock doesn’t lie! (If my chiropractor is reading this, now he knows why my body is knotted up when I visit!)
Last weekend, my laptop stayed off my lap. I had places to go, people to see, things to do, pictures to take, weddings to plan, not to mention Christmas cards to address, decorating to accomplish…you know the drill.
So on Monday afternoon, when I cracked open my trusty laptop (somehow laptop right now reminds me of lap dog, but I’m digressing), I first logged in to my blog to check my stats. It’s an addiction, I tell ya! Then I scrolled down my favorite list of bloggers and checked out the posts I’d missed.
That’s when I realized I missed my new friend Dianna’s (These Days of Mine) announcement over the weekend. She was the recent recipient of the 7 X 7 Link Award and she graciously awarded me with this honor also. Thank you, Dianna!
And I almost missed this opportunity! If you’re a faithful reader, you know I consider each day of this year an opportunity and I write in my “Opportunity book” each time I post. In the words of another blogging friend, Georgette, (Georgette Sullin’s Blog) it has become my “signature.” If you overlooked why I started mentioning my book called Opportunity, you can read about it in Chapter One.
So on to the 7 X 7 Link Award. The premise of this award requires a little contemplation and mulling things over because the recipient is asked to review all of the posts he/she has written to date and select seven posts that fit nicely into seven categories.
Sound easy? Not when you realize you’ve written 296 posts! And can I just say right here, right now, that I’m a tad indecisive? So this actually was a bit of a daunting task for me.
But I prevailed! I purposely chose some earlier posts because many of my subscribers have read my recent
rantings writing, but perhaps overlooked some of my earlier work. So now, drum roll please…. here are my 7 choices in the 7 categories:
1) Most Beautiful – I find beautiful things tend to make me cry and since I usually write from my heart, many of my posts are a little damp with tears. Narrowing down a choice for this category wasn’t easy but I finally decided that the words of my son, which I quoted in this post, were some of the most beautiful sentiments I’ve ever heard, so it must be Come For Me Reflections.
2) Most Helpful – Written on one of my quirky, trying to see the bright side of the empty nest syndrome days, this one, How to Cope Humor, might be helpful to someone facing the same ailment. Hopefully, it will give you a chuckle as well.
3) Most Popular – When Nature Shows No Mercy remains my most popular entry because it was my first and only Freshly Pressed post. If my memory serves me right, it squatted on the FP page for a few days, acquiring almost 10,000 hits. Wow, I felt so popular then! (Way better than being in the high school “in crowd,” which I wasn’t!)
4) Most Controversial – I’m not a fan of being controversial. I tend to avoid confrontations in my private and public life, so Apology Please was the best I could come up with for this category (unless you count the time I was on a real rant and wrote how tired I was of people’s excuses).
5) Most Surprisingly Successful – One day I fell, literally. And taking a nose dive actually gave me fodder for my post, Fallen and Can’t Get Up. I didn’t expect it to hit high on the stats chart or garner the comments it received, so this one surprised me.
6) Most Underrated – You’ve Got Mail just flowed from my head to my fingers to my computer. I liked it as soon as I wrote it, but I don’t think it ever got the attention it deserved.
7) Most Pride Worthy – Another post, Come Sail Away, has been one of my favorites. It popped into my head when I viewed the picture that accompanies it. So if I have to choose a post I’m proud of, I’m pleased with what I wrote there. Again, it was one of those easy to write, flowing from my heart, inspired by God kind of posts.
And now comes the second part of the award stipulations, passing the 7 X 7 Link Award on to seven other bloggers. I visit quite a few blogs from time to time, but in addition to Diana’s and Georgette’s blogs (who both already have received this award), I find myself always reading these seven:
5) Coming East
6) Play 101
If you’re on my list of seven and you’re not into awards, don’t fret. You don’t have to accept the award or pass it on, just sit back and maybe enjoy some new readers.
If you’re not on this list, please know that I follow directions, and the instruction are to only pick seven. There are so many of you out there whose blogs I enjoy and today on this 8th page in Chapter 12 of my Opportunity book, I’ve already read most of them.