Radioactive Army Dudes

pexels-photo-231013.jpegWednesday, 31 August 2005

It’s raining and dreary, and sometimes the grey skies can depress me.  But NOT today!   I’ve been getting some major good sleeping time in lately probably because I’ve been tired from all the activity going on at our house.

So, we got middle daughter moved into her house at college.  She loves living with her soccer team girls.  This past weekend we  moved oldest daughter back home from her apartment in the city.

Well, technically, I didn’t do much — I did clean and vacuum her apartment a little – it was mostly her guy friends and dad who loaded the U-haul  and then Bud, two of his pals and oldest daughter’s friend who unloaded here.  Thank you brawny and muscular fellas!

I am thrilled having my first-born home again.  It makes me happy to wake up in the morning,  see her and send her off to her job, along with sending Bud off to school.  Senior year, baby.  He’s going to have a great, but very quick flying year.  And then I’m going to be sad again, sending him off to college.  But NOT today!

Okay, so here’s the latest.  The radiation treatments are going well and I am halfway done with them.  YAY!  Only two more to go.  The treatments are for prevention so the cancer does not come back.  It’s really a weird procedure, which I will not go into here, because it would freak out any male types reading this!

The first time I went, it took forever – no, really only an hour and a half.  But the entire hour and a half I spent mostly lying on my back not being able to move too much.  The actual radiation only takes about 7 minutes;  I timed it yesterday.  Anyway, the first time, I was extremely anxious and had a fleeting moment of panic – especially after they locked me in the radiation suite.  I did some big-time praying and singing a praise song in my head that really means a lot to me:

I have a Father, He calls me His own.  He’ll never leave me, no matter where I roam. He knows my name, He knows my every thought, He sees each tear that falls and hears me when I call.”

Yesterday, I had my second treatment and the entire time, God was just speaking to me in my spirit saying, “Be still and know that I am God.”  I actually came out of my treatment with a happy, happy, joy, joy spirit!

I even made up a little scenario about the radiation.  For me, it’s like these little radioactive army dudes come to visit my body (the radiation is internal) on a search and destroy mission.

They get to the battleground and scope out the territory for any little renegade cancer cells left behind.  And then if they find any, they just kick those little cancer cells’ butts!

Okay, so maybe I was an Army wife just a few too many years.  Or maybe it comes from my former job editing Army documents.

Regardless, “Go radioactive Army dudes!”



So...what do you think? Tell me. I appreciate your feedback and read each comment. Thank you!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s