Friday, 09 December 2005
Dashing through the snow,
In a 4-wheel drive vehicle,
Over the drifts we go,
And through some icicles.
Honking horns at idiots,
Because they make us mad,
Oh what fun it is to live
Where it snows so bad!
Oh jingle bells, jingle bells,
Jingle all the way.
Oh what fun it is to watch
Snow fall down all day – hey!
Yep, it’s winter time in my neck of the woods! It’s not so bad if you can just sit in your house and not have to go anywhere in it. It’s actually quite beautiful and sparkly and exciting if you’re able to go sled riding.
And it’s true I do love having snow for Christmas. I’m dreaming of a white Christmas and all that. But boy, I don’t like driving in it. And my children driving in it makes me even more nervous. So looks like I’ll be praying for safety a lot this winter.
Christmas is coming!! All too quickly!! I AM NOT READY! The halls are decked, the tree is up and I just got the umpteen thousand (an exaggeration) cards sent complete with the annual family letter, BUT the shopping is not nearly completed and nary a cookie is baked. Yikes.
Plus I am having this stupid tooth problem which resulted in oral surgery today. OW…I don’t like having any kind of dental work done. But the worst is over I hope!
So on to the JOYS of the day:
1. I am alive! and relatively healthy!
2. I have the greatest family in the world and I love them so much, plus all my little chicks will be home for Christmas! Mama’s house will be full of chickens!
3. Christmas is one of my favorite holidays – it’s Jesus’ Birthday!!
4. Christmas cards from far-away friends show up in my mailbox each day!
5. I got a surprise long-distance phone call today from one of my long-ago and far-away friends! She called to tell me how much she loves me and how she cried when she read our Christmas letter to find out I had cancer this summer. We had fun talking about ol’ times and good memories and she just MADE my day because she wanted to let me know she is praying for me and wishing me well.
Whew! Lots of good stuff and more to come! Tomorrow Bud goes to another school’s Christmas dance with his sister’s friend’s sister (did ya get that??) as a favor because her date backed out on her. Isn’t he a good guy? Doing good deeds. Next week he’s on to his own high school dance with one of the sweetest girls I know. Some day, some lucky girl is going to find the prince she’s been waiting for all her life and it will be my son. He is definitely a keeper.
Ok – enough for today – I have to go lay down again so my toofies don’t hurt.